My last post talked about the possibility of writing a poem in here but so far all the poems I've written and reread are crap. And Im not just saying that cause the thought of people reading them gives me the chills its cause they really are crap but I'll find one and if not I'll write a new one. Okay I've decided, and I don't want to write another one so I'll give you guys the least crappy one. Your comments are welcome even the bad ones for I want and can handle the truth so bring it on.
Silently Strong
If the Walls of this school could tell
what goes on from bell to bell
what would it say,
has happened everyday?
The loves lost and found
as the clock spins round and round
the tales that have been told
by both young and old
tales both true and false.
watching students learn to waltz.
rejection or acceptance,
to the next formal dance.
students who come early
or the bullies big and burly
shy one with their books held close
football players every boast
Teachers outnumbered two to one.
why do the popular kids have all the fun?
Nerds will rule this world someday!
"If only we could find a way."
Who will remember ten years from now?
Only the wall this they Vow.
well thats it i got really bored at school and decided to write a poem before i had to go to class. so yeah. hope you all enjoy my overcoming, and find the courage to overcome one of your fears as well love you all.
P.S. Unreal, Who is jumping off said building????? and yes i perfectly aware that it takes so much more and i dont know all about you but i know enough to see that you dont like the way you are. and i was trying to see if possitive reinforcement would work to help you. i cant do a whole lot so far away. anyway i still believe in you.
4 comments:
Karli, try writing wihtout rhyme or verse. i would like to see what happens if you just let loose on the keyboard, and wrote what spews from your head at the moment. I think it would tell me much more of who you are than the rhyming does.
I'd agree with Toni. Rhyme and verse usually restrict poetry, unless that's the whole point of the poem.
rhyme is good in descriptive poems,also in humourous poetry.free verse is more about depth of thought, though not stricltly so. If you can combine both it is an art in itself.
Poetry is fast become a reduntant genre in written art form. The trend is prose today.
Even English as a language has become more application based than an art form.The netizen jargon is fast emerging as another genre of communication. But as far as Art form of the language is concerned, it is prose from in the present times.
dear unreal
even tho this is not the place to do so, yet I cannot help but commenting that arguing woord to word is about logistics and rationale.Yet it is also very true, that it might not lead to the Truth itself.In most of the courts you see successful Defence attorneys winning cases against Criminals on the bases of logical arguments. Yet it is not imperative that they are the Truth.
On the other hand, reasoning can be more humane & nearer to being correct than argument.
Like I was saying to Homeless Soul the other day, Philosophy & argument is like a prostitute. It can go with anybody. To every argument, there is an equal & opposite argument.
Dear KAR
I apologise for using your comment box for expounding my thought.hope you will not mind.
Meanwhile keep writing poetry, It is immensely garatifying exercise.& also loved to be read by us readers
Post a Comment