Saturday, July 09, 2005
Summer Blues
As much as I love summer with the warmth and all I'm extremely bored and or tired all the time for about three weeks I get to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to be at work by six then I get home about three and just want to go to bed but it doesn't happen of course cause living at home I have chores to do or my mother grounds me (yes grounds me I'll be nineteen next month and I still get grounded) so I stay up and get chores done till my friends get off work and do something if not I still stay awake watching TV or something (like reading) until 11:30 and do it all over again the next day. But the best part of this summer was when my mom grounded me for about a week and told me I needed to grow up and act like an adult but I was grounded she treats me like I'm 16 but wants me to act 18 so contradictory. From now on I'm picking my own curfew and just telling her when I'll be home instead of asking when I have to be home and I swear if she starts with her growing up and taking on more responsibilities speech I'm going to say something before I didn't cause she would have grounded me for longer and cause I've always been the good kid she can count on with my little brother in and out of anger management places and court dates for him she's leaned on the rest of us to stay sane but she also wants us to stay under her control and I'm old enough to be my own boss but then again she's never had to deal with anything like this and isn't sure how to handle it so I really have to be careful about what I do and say we I decided to talk to about this I'm going to have to have a very convincing argument. If any of you have any advice that doesn't include moving out id greatly appreciate it. Love you all tons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment